I had done a journey onboard 2869 Cst Howrah Superfast Express from Dadar to Nasik Road on 11/10/2009. The movie clip is as follows;
1) The KYN WCAM3# 21955 shows it's power at Kurla station. This is 105kph flat.
2) We go curving through Atgaon at 12:41hrs at 85kph and the steep climb between Atgaon and Khardi stations begins .
3) We are hitting 90-98kph between Atgaon and Khardi stations. We pass through Khardi station at 98kph at 12:49hrs. The power of WCAM3 can be clearly seen. We have covered the steep gradients and curves of Atgaon- Khardi section i.e 13kms in 8 minutes. The WCAM3 in AC power with 5000hp continuous and tractive effort of 33.5t makes it look very easy. This train was a 19 coacher that day.
4) Have a look at the huge curve towards Kasara station. We were hitting 101-104kph and in the end, the train starts slowing down as we were trailing the Ltt Godan Express. We reached Kasara outer at 12:55pm. 66kms from Kalyan done in 48 minutes.
5) We start climbing the majestic Thull Ghat with the help of Kyn Tigerface WAG7's triplets as bankers.